Tracking my weight loss

W E L C O M E

Welcome to my blog about my dieting adventures, thoughts, philosophies.

THOUGHT

Taking steps forward takes you into the unknown! Taking steps back keeps you in your comfort zone! Be adventurous today and step outside your comfort zone - life is an adventure!

Sunday 28 March 2010

Dieting and the Hill

Strange title - I know, but I was thinking about this this morning!



When I lived in Cardiff my house was at the top of a steep hill. One day when my eldest son was a baby in a buggy, my husband and I were walking up the hill - it was hail stoning and very slippery. It seemed as if we were taking one step forward and about 10 backwards! Now, as I considered this I began to think that we would never have dreamed of giving up and saying - "Oh well, that's it - we're never going to get there so we may as well give up!" It was our home!!



Now we live further West and are still on top of a hill. The first part of the hill is easy (or easier...), the next part is steeper and tougher to climb, then the more we persevere and carry on going, the steepness gradually evens out and before we know it we're at the top (which is flatter), then as we turn left we walk down the gentle slope to our house! When we are at the bottom of the hill we start off enthusiastically because it's easy to begin with, then we reach the middle section and think - I wish I didn't have this hill to climb, but soon we get to the top and realise the trouble, straining muscles etc was worth it because home is nearby!



As I was pondering this this morning, I began to think that maybe I should treat my healthy living, weight loss campaign this way!



When I start my diet, I am enthusiastic and the going is good (this is a picture of the bottom of the hill)

Then things get in the way, like parties, lunches or plain ole cravings (this is the picture of the middle - when our willpower wanes and our enthusiasm seems to have evaporated) BUT

If we carry on - pressing towards the goal - despite the hardships, cravings, parties, lunches etc we WILL reach the top (WOW what a view is to be had at the top of my hill - lushious green fields and trees). When we view ourselves in the mirror in that beautiful dress or stunning suit - we will know the hard climb and the tears (of hardwork and joy) will be worth it!



Let's reach our wonderful destination - a slim, fit, healthy body! We wouldn't give up climbing that hill when we knew our loved ones were waiting for us...



Have a fab day everyone and remember - you are SO worth it!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still climbing the hill - stopped half way up at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had a lot of hail stone days - slipped back quite a bit over the past few months, but I can still climb the hill!

    ReplyDelete